5 Amazing Foods that Prevent Hair LossNovember 14, 2017
Braids are in nowadays and almost everyone goes gaga about it. Even little kids like to watch different styles, play with their hair and learn how to do it.
What are braids?
Braiding means taking three or more hair groups to intertwine with each hair strand gathered in small or large portion. Up to this day, people are still trying to unmask and continue to create new hairstyles that make everyone go crazy.
Although we all know that braids can also cause hair damage if worn daily and if it is done tighter but there are still a lot who wants to style their hair with braids, while others wear braids as a culture. Some either want to change hairstyle to look good about themselves or experiment how will it change their outward appearance.
Facts about braids
- Braids came from ancient Egypt about 3500 BC to socialize with other people since it takes time to do the braids. It was then passed down to African culture and they are still using it up to this date. They wear braids down to scalp even at a very young age because they believe that braids make their hair grow faster and longer.
- It’s hard to braid soft and silky hair so most of the black women opt for braids because it is easier to for them to grip the hair strands. Aside from that their hair texture is the perfect fit for braids.
- Braids are not only for long hair people. If your hair is short hair, then you can go short braid. There are available braids just for you so you can also enjoy it. So don’t fret!
- Want a braid to few days longer? Well, the secret is to create a tighter fishtail braid and you can sleep on it for 2-3 days. Use a satin pillow or wrap hair in a silk scarf.
- Did you know that braids can actually last for 12 weeks? Well, that is if you know how to take care of your braid with proper cleansing and moisturizing then it’s very possible but a long time will also mean breakage. So please be careful.
- The fastest person who did a person’s braid is Aycan Kemal from the UK. It only lasted for 15 minutes to complete 26 braid styles.
- French braids came from North America not actually the French country.
- During the ancient days, you can braid hair, textile fiber, wire, rope and colorful dresses.
- Want to feel like a rockstar? You can because it’s really cool to whip your hair back and forth when you are wearing braids.
- Unicorn braids are considered weird but beautiful because adding color to it will make you stand out in the crowd.
Different Kinds of Braiding Includes:
- Regular Braid- 3 groups of hair intertwine with each other
- French Braid- It is also known as the La Tresses Africani in France.
- Dutch Braid- It is adding strands of hair while you braid passing it from side to side and underneath the hair.
- The upside down braid- This is like a dutch braid but ending in a messy bun trailing up from the back of the head.
- The milkmaid braid- Most of the people doing this kind of braid attends special occasions like a wedding ceremony or formal party since it looks very elegant. 2 braids that are wrap in you’re head.
- Fishtail Braid- Small portions of hair and split it into 2 sections.
What To Do Before Braiding?
- Choose the person who will do you braid if you can’t do it yourself. It could be a professional hairdresser, a relative or a friend.
- Look for the style before you get an appointment so you wouldn’t waste time looking and searching for the right style. There are different braids already stated above so all you have to do is choose which suits you best.
- Style with care and use hair products to prevent hair damage.
- Don’t braid too tight if you don’t plan on keeping the braid too long.
- Enjoy you braid while you can because braids are not forever.